Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Surprise Scavenger Hunt!




We sent the children on a surprise scavenger hunt on Brynn's birthday last week. Kamren had the first clue that led him to his legos to get the first letter. It was a "B". Ashleigh then found the next clue by her favorite stuffed animal "Rabbi" and she got the letter "A". Brynn found the letter "B" at her favorite spot to eat and then they all found the last letter "Y" in the baby stroller with yummy Baby Ruth that we changed to Baby Staples. It said "Congratulations, you will have another sibling in April". They put the letters together to spell BABY, but Kamren and Ashleigh didn't get it at first. Then I said I had a baby in my tummy and they just jumped up for joy. We all did! We are grateful to announce that we are going to have another little one coming to our home in April. My due date is April 23rd and we are 12 weeks today. We just heard the heart beat for the first time today and everything seems fine. We are grateful our prayers have been answered. Kamren and Ashleigh are excited to have another sibling share a special month with them since their birthdays are also in April. April is a great month to have a baby!

Love, KSkab and ???

26 comments:

Maloney Fam said...

I just got your email and had to come check out the scavenger hunt on your website.(I felt like I was going on my own little scavenger hunt to find out the news!) CONGRATULATIONS!!
I'm so happy for you guys! And I love the way you told the kids-very cute. How are you feeling Sonja??

Kimbeau said...

Congratulations! I remember Mom & Dad's scavenger hunts when we were younger (at least the Hawaii one). Anyway, we're super excited for you...what a blessing!

Janine said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for your family! There isn't much better news than a new baby. I hope you're feeling great and that you have a wonderful pregnancy. love you!

Kim said...

WOW! What amazing news! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

Cathy said...

Yeah for number four! What a blessed child to come into your home. April is a fantastic month for a baby and an adult!

8Kmom said...

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY...could it be another boy????? (Right now, the score is 13 to 6, in favor of the girls!) We are SO HAPPY & EXCITED for all of you! We'll shoot for August for the family reunion! Hug each other for us - we're dancing for joy in New Mexico!

Love you, 8KMom, Dad, & Grandma

The Ballard Family said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! April is a great month--we have three that month :) I hope you are feeling well--but honestly I'm not as surprised as I probably should be. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jen Childers said...

Congratulations Sonja! That is such exciting news. I am so happy for you and Kevin. 12 weeks already, too? Wishing you a healthy and safe pregnancy:)

Brady & Kelsey said...

oh my goodness!! I am so excited for you guys! I wish we were there to see your family grow!! We love you and miss you

Jen Childers said...

I just read my comment and it makes it seem like I'm 12 weeks as well...that is not the case. I just meant that "wow...you're already 12 weeks..." Just wanted to clarify:)

jjcrew said...

Sonja--Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys! As Dora would say "You Did It!!" :) And I'm sooooooo jealous. I tried for an April baby with Karcyn and we got March. Then we tried again this last time and overshot a bit. He was born 3 hours into May 1st. ARGH!!! April IS the best month. I'd be happy if you had him/her on the 29th but I wouldn't wish you going over your due date either. I remember that all too well with Ashleigh. Love ya! Jenn

Megs said...

WAHOO!!!! we're SOOOO excited!!!! Congratulations you guys!! We love you lots and lots!

Laura Waltz said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! What a blessing.

Kasey said...

So Happy for you all.

Lindsey said...

Glad you were able to hear the heartbeat and get some reassurance.

Congrats again!

tlittle said...

I'm so happy for you! Your news is wonderful! Congratulations! Love,Tamara

Angenette said...

Congratulations! Yay, another pregnancy buddy! I hope you've been feeling well.

Emily said...

Congratulations! My, you have quite a following!

Cassondra said...

Congratulations!!! What a clever idea of how to tell the kids!! My girls have been begging for a brother for a long time - too bad it's not always that easy, huh? We're thrilled for your family! I hope it's a smooth pregnancy for you! Congrats again!

Sara said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I was actually going to post the same news on my blog in a few days. I'm due on April 27th. I know, it was a shocker for us too. I guess Heavenly Father knew I needed an April baby since I already have one in January, February, and March. I hope you're feeling good.
What a cute way to tell your kids. I wish I would have thought of something like that, Julia loves scavenger hunts! Maybe when we find out the gender we can do something like that:) You are so creative! Keep us posted!

Stephi said...

Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that wow, your little family is becoming so big I'm so happy for you! I love babies. and I love you. I hope you have a wonderful day. The scavenger hunt is so cute. I love it. :)

Pam said...

AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATS.!!!!!!!
I'm so looking forward to sew a new baby boutique.
love,PJ(Ellsworth)

Heidi and Maxwell said...

AWESOME news and what a fun and creative way to involve your kids. I love hearing about great families having more children. It gives me hope for the future :).

Love you!
Heidi

chz2bhpy said...

Congratulations to you both! G

amy stansel said...

yay!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!!!

Katie staten said...

Congratulations Sonja and Kevin. We are happy for you.