Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pinto Bean Fudge!

I know it sounds different but I was trying to use some of my dried beans in my food storage so a friend gave me this yummy recipe. I've had several people try it and they loved it so it's worth it. The kids already want more.

1 cup pinto bean puree (I just used a hand mixer)
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup cocoa powder
1 T. vanilla
2 lbs. powdered sugar (1 bag)

Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl. Then slowly add the powdered sugar in a
9x13 pan and put it in the fridge.

The next time I made it I'm going to use half the butter and the other half peanut butter. Yum.

I've cooked my dried beans and put them in a quart size bag in the freezer which is about 2 cups. I have 10 bags in my freezer which makes it much easier to use in my cooking.

If you know of any good bean recipes let me know.

3 comments:

Kasey said...

thanks for posting this. Can't wait to try it.

Emily said...

I've seen this recipe, but never tried it. I'll have to now! I'll try your suggestions.

David said...

We will have to give it a try. Yes, I have entered the blogging world!