Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Dinner Tradition



We went to our ward Trunk or Treat Party. Kamren is a dressed up like a doctor (like his Uncle Kurt), Kevin is his nurse, Ashleigh is the fairy princess, Brynn is the snow princess, and I'm the Hawaiian princess.





I loved Ashleigh's costume this year! The only thing we bought were the wings last year on clearance. I love a cute costume for a bargain!




We started a tradition a few years ago when one of my friends had us over for a Halloween Dinner. I took the idea because it's fun and it's kid friendly food. The kids love all the fun names we give the food. We never eat this meal on Halloween night because it gets too busy so we usually do it the week of Halloween. We have another food tradition for Halloween night that my mom started. It's fast and easy.





We decorate the table with the fun spider web stuff and put spiders and snakes on them. We also use pumpkin paper goods.

Here is our Halloween Menu

Spagetti Noodles - Brain or Worms
Spagetti Sauce - Vampire or Dracula's Favorite Sauce
Garlic Bread - Tombstones (I cut them in the shape of the tombstone)
Rootbeer - Witch's Brew
Corn - Goblin's teeth
Olives - eyeballs
Salad - Lily pads
Orange Jello Jigglers - cut out like a pumpkin (cookie cutter)
Brownies - Batwing Brownies or cut shaped like a cat