Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family History and Boat Day

Every year my mom's family puts together a family history book. I have to say that I don't get excited to write up a history for each member of our family but I love it when it's done. Now, we have a history of Kevin and I for ten years and one for each year of the children. I love reading about all of my relatives and learning from them even though they are far away.



This is one of the pictures a friend took for us at church so I can put it in our family history.



Here' another picture.



I took this one in our back yard. We had so much fun with the green color this year. We are so blessed to have friends who gave us the girl's dresses.



One of my weight watchers leaders was so kind to let us come to her house which is right down the street to go on her pontoon boat. Her kids are teenagers now and very busy so she doesn't get out much on the boat. We sure loved it.



Kamren was our navigator and found a turtle for us. He loved putting down the anchor when we stopped to swim. Ashleigh loved the treats she gave us after the boat ride and Brynn loved to honk the horn over and over.



Kam's favorite part was driving the boat.



Ash loved the water. She was the first to jump off the pontoon boat and couldn't get enough. She is a little fish.



Brynn's favorite part was playing with the dog. She had fun chasing the cat away too.


We are so happy to have such beautiful weather here.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun summer you have had! I wish I was in Kalamazoo so we could spend more time together. You are such an amazing friend, and I always have so much fun being around you. I love your outlook on life and your desire to do what is right. You are an amazing woman, who serves the Lord with love. One thing I really remember about you is how supportive you have been to me. I am so thankful for you and everything you do for me and my family. You are a wonderful person who blesses so many people. Thanks for all you do!

Dunns said...

You look so, so great! I love the family picture! Your blog is so fun for me to read. Thank you for keeping it so updated and for sharing all your great pics. I love you!!

Annie said...

Hi Sonja! You're family is so cute! I really haven't see you all for a long time! You all look so great and like you're having a wonderful time. Take care. Annie

Megs said...

what an awesome tradition!! The family pictures are adorable...you all look so great in green! :)

Tami said...

Sonja! Your family is so adorable! It's Tami (Cox). And speaking of cool Johnson traditions - thanks to those history books I found your blog! Yay another blog buddy, and one that I'm actually related to! :) Check out our blog at
www.nef-family.net We update it regularly. I'll add you to my list.

Mark and Jacquelyn Rowberry said...

Kevin and Sonja: Those pictures are so darling. It looks like you have had a wonderful summer!

Aunt Jacque

Mark and Jacquelyn Rowberry said...

Kevin and Sonja: Your blog is so cute...so many darling pictures. You're doing a great job parenting and enjoying your lives. You guys are wonderful.

Love Aunt Jacque