Monday, July 7, 2008

4th Of July



We had so much on the 4th of July as a family. We started off going to our Ward pancake breakfast at a nearby park.

The kids reminded me to hang up the American flag and we put some in our flower pots too. We sang lots of patriotic songs and we all dressed in blue together with a few accents of red. Ashleigh is our little color coordinator.



We went to the parade and the kids favorite part was catching all the candy. It was a little long but it was still fun to do something with the community.



We had a blast watching the fireworks. We couldn't believe that Brynn stayed awake the whole entire time. Ashleigh was so cute as she had a comment after each firework. We met up with some good friends who were visiting from out of town.



We had so much fun making little care packages for those who are serving across seas for our country. I thought that was a great activity they planned before the firework show started. They all got to write a letter or color a picture for them.




We concluded the day with doing our traditional sparklers and Kevin took the kids camping in our backyard. That is our way of camping. We don't have to pack the whole house to camp and the kids are happy to be in a tent in nature. I stayed in our nice comfortable bed and had Brynn sleep in her bed. She wouldn't do so well in a tent yet.

I'm so grateful for America. I absolutely love our freedom and I love to pass on this great love to our children. They truly love this special day and I hope that by traveling through different states they will continue to love this special land and truly see how blessed we are to be in this free country.

6 comments:

Megs said...

What a fun 4th of July!! You guys look so great!!

Kim said...

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their holidays! I have to say, I love blogs and seeing what everyone is up to!

Sara said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th. I love how you're always color coordinating your outfits. You really do have an adoreable family.

Danielle said...

What a fun 4th! Love the idea of making care packages for the troops before the fireworks. I'll have to suggest that for next year. Cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Sonja - you don't know me - I was a friend of Kevin's many, many years ago. I came across your blog purely by accident and thought it would be nice to see what he's been up to. Such a pleasant surprise it was to see what a wonderful family he's created. As a new bride myself, you are truly an inspiriation and a testament to what love, patience and thoughtfulness can bring to a marriage and family. Thank you for your thoughts and insights and please tell Kevin hello from an old friend.

Lindsey and Josh said...

Sister Staples!! You guys looks so wonderful! The kids have grown so much. Thanks for giving me your blog address- to keep me up to date with your family!! You guys are the best. THanks for the wedding wishes! Love, Sister Porter :) (Lindsey)