Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!



We started out the day with spending some time with our friends at a free party in the park. It was like Halloween in the summer time. They had so many free things for the kids. They even gave us free lunch.



Our friends invited us over for a fun swim on this beautiful day.



Brynn is a total water baby. She loves to play in it.



We have a tradition that we started a few years ago to dress up like pioneers and have fried bread and simple foods like the pioneers did. We usually eat outside but this time we set a blanket up in the living room and pretended we had a campfire going.



Ashleigh and Kamren really loved dressing up and singing pioneer songs.

I completely forgot it was Pioneer Day. I kept thinking it was on Saturday because the broadcast was on Saturday. I'm glad my friend reminded me of this special day. I am so grateful for the pioneers who sacrificed so much for the gospel. They have left an amazing legacy of faith that I strive to follow.



I just love how Ashleigh gets excited about everything. I was trying organize clothes for next summer to make sure I had enough for her and Brynn and she just comments on how cute everything is. She is so happy to help me out.



I love how Kamren loves to try new things and he does so well at everything. He is not afraid to experience life. I continue to watch him challenge himself in sports and also with his bike.



I love how Brynn asks to go outside each morning so she can say hi to the person who is outside. She always wants to make everyone smile. She is sunshine! I also love how she wants to play in the dirt all the time. She just loves to create things with sand or dirt.



Kamren has been wanting a skateboard for sometime but he spends his money very quickly and never earns enough to buy one from the store. Kevin found one at a garage sale while we were running this morning for $4. He was so excited to have the money to purchase it. He was so excited that he had to have it in his bedroom to sleep with.

1 comments:

Candace said...

I wish that I'd bumped into you at the park. I miss seeing you. You are wonderful.