Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trip to Chicago

My sister went to Chicago to site see with a few of her friends from Texas. Amy extended her flight a few more days so I could see her. Connor and I went on a train to visit her because it was so much cheaper than to drive and park in Chicago. I've never taken the Amtrak before and I loved it. I would do it all over again. The train is so roomy and it's so relaxing. It definitely beats the traffic and the drive there.

This is a picture of my sweet girls before I said goodbye to them. I made these skirts in the spring and I just found some matching boleros for 3.50 each at Children's place to match. I think it finishes off the outfits. Oh, I love girls!

Kamren decided the boys were going to do the red, white and blue theme. I can't get over how grown up Kamren is. He is such a good helper. We love America.

This is Connor and I waiting to board the train. My friend was so kind to drop me off because Kevin had some church meetings. I was a little nervous to take the train just because it was so new to me. Connor was fussy right before we left but he pretty much slept the whole way.

Connor was the best traveler. It's much easier taking care of one child than five all at once. I didn't realize I needed a break too so I could enjoy my new baby.

Amy and I went to Giordanos to try the deep dish pizza. Yum!

This is the sweet little outfit that Amy gave him when he was born. Kevin actually has a shirt to match him. Too cute! Connor is enjoying the bed at the hotel.

We went on a taxi ride on the river to go to China Town. It was such beautiful weather. My sister and I didn't plan on wearing matching outfits but I guess it reminded me of when we were younger when we matched our clothes.

I can't get enough of Connor. He is three months old now and as handsome as can be. I think he will have blue eyes. Our first baby with blue eyes.

We had fun walking the magnificent mile and exploring all of Chicago. The city is so clean and safe.

My sister really wanted to tour this factory. She saw it on the Food Network a few years ago. It was an hour trip to get there by subway and bus and it was so worth it. I never experienced the bus and subway system in Chicago and it was great. Amy was our great navigator. The cheesecake was so yummy. I ate too much!

We had fun walking by the waterfront after seeing the Pier.

We had to try the famous Italian sausage sandwiches.

Having fun on the subway. It was very loud.

I loved hanging out in a park near the pier. I also loved Millinium park where we listened to a symphony. So relaxing. We also enjoyed Garrett's popcorn which is Oprah's favorite popcorn. I just had to try it and it was very good. We also had fun working out each morning and just being sisters. I love you Amy!!!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you had fun with your sister and that you liked the train.

The Green Momster said...

I can't believe he is 3 months, and how fabulous you look after just 3 months. Wow! What a fun time with your sister. I bet you enjoyed the break, but were happy to get home to your family!

amy stansel said...

what a great trip sonja!! You look so great. i still can't believe you have 5 kids!!

Cathy said...

Connor is just adorable! I love Chicago and you did some of my favorite things!!! Miss and love you! You look great!