I know that Mother's Day has already passed but I am now finally able to post about it. I kept thinking about how I played with babies when I was a little girl and how I longed to be a mother and now I get to live what I always dreamed of doing. I love it so much. I am so grateful for each of my sweet children. They each have so many gifts and talents that teach me each day to want to be better.
I have been amazed at how much Kamren is in tune with the spirit. He is constantly reminding me of how the spirit guides him at school to be better and how the spirit helped him on his test. He was very sick a week ago and recieved a blessing. He asked if I could put his name on the temple roll and the next day he was better. His faith is amazing. I'm grateful that he is teaching me to be more in tune with the spirit.
Ashleigh is the sweetest mother. She helps me to focus on the details of mothering. She always helps me with Andrew and is naturally such a nurturing person. She wants to make sure Andrew is happy and is so willing to care for him when I need to get dinner ready. Ashleigh always loves to be on time. I'm not so good at that so it's nice to have someone encouraging me to do that.
Brynn is our go getter. She is so determined to do anything and she wants to do it well. She always gets excited to do things and brings so much sunshine to all of us. I love her energy and her drive to try new things. Brynn teaches me to love life and to have fun.
Andrew is so fun to tickle and play with. I still can't believe how much he loves to eat. He loves people so much and loves to be in the middle of everything. Andrew helps me to slow down. He always makes sure I stop to enjoy the simple things of life. I'm so grateful that he is happy with a simple car to hold.
I couldn't ask for a better family. I feel so blessed to have my children to learn from. I had the best Mother's Day with my family.
Here are some updates on our family!
I'm so grateful Andrew has a big brother to look up to. Kamren is so good at sharing his airplanes and other toys. Andrew always has an eye for Kamren's legos.
We are loving every minute of spring. It's so much fun to see all the flowers blooming. Color is wonderful.
The girls still love looking alike. I just love hot pink on them. I just bought a hot pink sweater so I could match with them.
Soccer is just about over and Kevin loved every minute coaching his team. Kamren loves soccer and we love watching him play.
I'm so excited for Kamren and Ashleigh's new elementary school. It's finished and they'll be able to use it next year!
Kamren and Ashleigh's school had their first 5K fundraiser. They had over 300 people participate. I thought that was great. I ran the 5K and Ashleigh and Brynn ran the fun run with me. Kevin and Kamren weren't feeling so good but they were the best cheerleaders:)
Here's Andrew in his shirt. We are trying to get him ready for bed. He likes to move so much it's a challenge to keep him still.
Kamren being funny and putting on Andrew's 18 month shirt. Andrew is wearing the same shirt in the picture above.
Spring is here and I wanted some change in the home but I didn't want to spend any money. I had a friend come over who is an interior decorator and she gave me so many great ideas. I moved so many things around in each bedroom and it felt so different. I moved the girls beds and changed some pictures and spray painted some frames and took some things away. The girls love the new look. It just needed a little updating. It was nice to change things around from things I already had in the home. My husband loved that I didn't spend any money:)
Kamren was feeling a little left out since I didn't do much in his room. He decided to let me know that he wanted a change and showed me how to rearrange his room. I was a little hesitant but we did it and we love it. I changed up a few things in his room and it feels new again. I changed his curtains (the old ones are in the background) and repainted his cork board. I love having it red, white and blue, with airplane accents.
Kamren is all about army right now. He told me that he wants to join the army. He loves his country so much that he wants to defend it.
Brynn has just moved up to the 16 inch bike. She begs to ride it everyday. Dad is ready to teach her how to ride a two wheeler.

5 comments:
Your family is growing up so fast! I still remember the day we met and Kamren was a little baby. You are an amazing mother and inspire me to be better. The elementary school looks AMAZING! We miss you!
Love, Kelsey
What a cute post Sonja! Your kids are darling and I loved reading about them. I'm so jealous of your yard. Sometimes it's difficult living in the desert when I see the plush green of other places.
the rooms look great! good pic of u and the kids too!
I do enjoy your posts! It is good to hear about you. Cute Kids! It is nice to hear such positive words your kids will always know they are loved.
You are so awesome! I love the girls room!
I think it is really special how you can identify the strengths of each of your children and the unique dynamic they bless your home with. They are lucky to have such a mother!
Post a Comment