This is what we did while we were there.
Independance Hall, Liberty bell, Bus tour, Capagiaro gelato (yummy), U.S. Mint, Christchurch Cemetary, Betsy Ross House,Christchurch, eat at Old Tavern, Post office, Penitentiary, Philly Pretzel Co., Rittenhouse Square, Love sign, Tomb of the unknown Soldier, Pat's on a Steak, Italian Market,saw Chinatown, Valley Forge, King of Prussia Mall, Lancaster Amish Country, visit friends Jim and Annie, National Constitution Center, Free Quaker Church, Quaker Church, Reading Terminal Market, Penn's Landing/Seaport Museum, Macy's to see Wanamaker organ, Philidelphia Museum of Art, Fairmount Park, lunch at Pete's Pizza, strolled the city, ate at Marathon (yummy burger)
We walked everywhere except we rented a car one day to see the sites outside of Philly. My sister was 28 weeks pregnant and I couldn't believe all the walking she could do. She is a trooper!
This is the oldest residential street in the United States.
We visited an old submarine and the oldest warship. My sister and I got very chlostraphobic on the submarine. It's amazing how little space they really have to move and sleep. I loved learning more about the warship we were on. The Titanic was very similar to this one. After the tours, my sister and I were more thankful for those who sacrifice their lives so we have freedom.
We walked up the stairs that Rocky did in one of his movies. This is in front of the Philidelphia Art Museum.
Lots of art in the area. LOVE is a very big one.
This restaurant was fun to eat at because we got to try George Washington's favorite rolls and many others favorite recipes from the past.
We really loved our hotel. We got a great deal. It was normally 220-240 a night and we got it for 70 a night on priceline. It was fun to have a gym a few floors down to use and I loved the infused water we got everyday. I loved the strawberry, blueberry and mint mix.
Having fun trying our first philly cheesesteak. Now I get to try and lose the pounds I gained after eating so much yummy food.
I'm so grateful I have a sister to cherish these memories with. I love America. I love having the right to vote and to be free. I'm so grateful for my parents who have instilled this in me.
P.S. My sister inspired me to change my blog background. It was too hard too read so hopefully this will be a lot easier to read and it's my favorite color right now. I love orange!!!

9 comments:
Sounds like a fun time!
You and Amy look quite a bit different. You can definitely tell you are sisters (same eye & nose shape and same smile), but you have such different coloring.
That is so much fun. I love history too-- now that I am an adult and got to teach US history for several years. Welcome back!
what a fun idea!! I too love Philly! Such a cool place!
Love the lia sophia necklace. That one is my one of my favorite. Hee hee, I used to be an advisor...still do it sometimes. I think I need to go to Philly now.
Wow! What a great idea to travel with your sis. Looks like you had a fabulous time!
Way fun! Love the new blog colors too.
ahhh sonja - looks like so much fun!! And, you are looking great!
What a fun trip! Sisters are the best and traveling with them is even better! Those philly cheesesteaks look so yummy!
Lucky girl! It looks like you two had LOTS of fun together. It is always nice to spend one and one time with your sister!!
Post a Comment