Brynn celebrated her first day to be with mommy for a few hours while Kamren and Ashleigh were at school. Brynn and I had fun playing with pots and pans, food, puzzles, and babies. It's great to have this quality time with sweet little Brynn. Brynn made sure she grabbed a backpack to take to school because her older siblings had one. It was too cute.
Kamren was ready to say goodbye to me faster than I wanted but I guess he is growing up and is quite independent. He started second grade this year. I can't believe how big he is getting. He couldn't stop talking about the first day of school when he got home. He really enjoys his new teacher.
Ashleigh loved her first day of school in kindergarten. She used to be really shy but she has really blossomed. She rode her bike on the first day of school and loved putting on her new chocolate and pink backpack. She just smiles when she finishes school. She loves to learn.
Some of our school traditions include:
* A Father's Blessing for each child going to school.
* They get to choose their favorite breakfast and snack for after school (They chose pancakes with sausage for breakfast, veggies and dip and brownies for after school snack).
* Mom makes their bed on the first day of school.
* Mom and Dad take them to school.
* Take pictures in front of our house.
* They get something new that day to wear or use for school.
Kamren's team name is The Green Machines. I love this color green on him. The uniform is quite big but he doesn't care. He had his first game on Saturday and just loved it. He is quite tired from running so much but he really has grown from playing last year.
This is Kamren's first year of piano. He really likes it and practices for a little bit each day. Ashleigh and Brynn always want to play the piano too.

5 comments:
It looks like you've had a fun and busy week!
I loved to hear your school traditions! Great ideas - you are such a sweet mom!
You already know I think your kids are darling! I love these pictures and love reading your traditions for the first day of school. you are such a fun mom and always have great ideas. keep sharing them. I love it!
Looks like a good start to another year of school. Does Ashleigh have all day kindergarten? It's nice to have some one on one time with the youngest. I have Sadie alone while Owen is in preschool in the afternoon, but she sleeps the whole time. Great pics of your cute kids.
What a great Mom! Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to celebrate your birthday on Sunday! Yeah!!!
Post a Comment