Wednesday, April 23, 2014

March/April

 Happy St. Patrick's Day.  This is a fun tradition we always do.

 I was in Sweden when St. Patrick's happened so they decided to wait until I got home to celebrate with our traditional St. Patty's dinner.

 I haven't made a craft in a long time.  I made a new spring wreath!

 I sent this angel chime to the kids while I was on the trip in Sweden.  It's a fun memory I had when I was growing up.
 This was our first outing to the General Women's Conference.  It was fun to be with my girls:)
 Ashleigh made her own cupcakes and decorated them for her birthday party.  She loves to plan parties.
Happy 11th Birthday Ashleigh!
 She had a great time with her friends from school to celebrate her special day.
 Ashleigh, Brynn and her friend made the welcome sign on our driveway for the party.

 Ashleigh planned the menu, put up the decorations and planned all the minute to win it games and scavenger hunt for her friends.
 Connor wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate his birthday.  We went a few weeks earlier because it was spring break for the kids.  He loved every minute of it and still wants to go back and play games.
 I took the kids out to a new restaurant nearby during spring break.  It was yummy pizza.
 Another fun tradition for Easter!  Yum.
 Kam wanted to race the remote control cars at a local hobby shop for his birthday so that is what we did.  He also brought along a friend.  Brynn loved it too.
 We went to Home Depot to make bird feeders and then Ashleigh treated the kids to something from the dollar menu at McDonalds.  I think spring break is so much fun.  We usually don't travel during this time because its more expensive and busy.
Andrew loved watching the birds eat from his feeder.  He made sure he perfectly painted his feeder.
 uh oh!  We caught Brynn sucking her thumb again.  She is back on track but for a while she was finding that good ol' thumb.
 We love our tradition of eating dad's homemade cinnamon rolls for General Conference.  They were gone so quickly.  We want more!
 We decided to go on a walk in between General Conference and Brynn decided to stay in her pj's.  Too cute.
 We don't get very many happy smiley pics of Kam since he got his braces so I had to put this one in.
 Andrew chose to go to an inflatable gym for his birthday.  I think Connor had the reddest face at the end because he ran so much.
 Kam was with some friends so he didn't make it but these four had a great time together jumping and climbing.
 Brynn had fun celebrating her friend's birthday.
 Easter Hunt Time!
 We had a very special Ward activity learning about the last day of Christ's life and then the kids had a hunt.
 Kam passed all his tests and training and he's official!  Go soccer ref!  He loves it.
 Our friend's had us over for another egg hunt in their woods.  About 300 eggs were hidden in the woods.  It couldn't have been a more beautiful day.  This was the day before Easter.
 Miss Ashleigh in her Easter outfit.
 I had navy blue ties for the little boys but they didn't want to wear them.  Oh well.
 Andrew didn't want to take a picture alone.
 My sweet girls
 My energetic boys
 For Ashleigh's birthday treat at school she made fruit cabobs with me.
 I made this cake for Ashleigh on her birthday.  I haven't decorated a cake in a while.
 Kam conducted his first Court of Honor.  He now has his life.
 Every night we put two smiley faces on Brynn's thumbs to check for thumb sucking. Connor wanted them too even though he doesn't suck his thumb.  He loves his pacifier.
 Andrew is getting so brave.
 Kam went to state for bridge building competition. They placed 6th.  This is his team.
 It was fun to support these boys.
 Andrew passed his kindergarten screening and he's off to kindergarten next year.  He is so excited.  He tells me he wishes school was everyday.
 Brynn started soccer too.
 For Daisies Brynn got to go to our local fire station.
The girls decided to make their dolls look like Elsa and Anna from Frozen

 Here we are at church on Easter Sunday.
 We had a picnic for lunch on Easter.
 I just love Connor's energy.  He reminds me alot of Brynn.  He lights up when he smiles.
 Dying Easter eggs outside was so easy.  Kam was nice to build a fire that evening and we ate fish like the Savior did.  That is our new tradition for Easter.  Fish.
Here are the results of the dying of the eggs.

Happy Easter!  The girls chose out their dresses this year and then Kam decided to have the same tie as dad:)
 We bought a new piano (finally).  We've been using a small keyboard for years.  We love it.  I have been teaching the girls piano lessons and we love it.  It's perfect bonding time.
 Connor found a money egg.  He was super excited.
 This is our third egg hunt.  The kids don't get tired of doing them.
 
Connor is loving the ducks playing in the water at the park.  We watched them for a half hour.  

2 comments:

chocoholic said...

Love your blog! So fun to see what your family is up to :)

Cassondra said...

Sonja,
I haven't blogged forever but got on mine to use entries from 2009 for a photo book I am making. I remembered how much I always enjoyed yours so checked in. I am so thrilled to see you are still such a diligent blogger. You are such an incredible woman, homemaker and mother and I am so inspired by you. As I was reading through this post today I was wishing we could be neighbors. :)

Your children and family are so very beautiful! I love the family picture up top! I can't believe how time flies!