Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day!

FIRST WEEK WITH CONNOR

Connor at one week. We are loving him.

Ahh... there's nothing better than nice warm milk. He is eating great.

Sweet Dreams! We love to watch him sleep and make all those cute faces. Our favorite are the bubbles, smiles and laughs.

Brynn loves to hold him for a few minutes many times during the day.

He looks like a little Staples. He is taking a pacifier really well so maybe he won't be a thumb sucker like our last three children. I think he has Ashleigh's lips, chin and cheeks. I think his eyes and head are like Kamren. He really looks like all of them depending on the face.

Hey, this chair is comfy. I think I like it better than Connor. I am enjoying all the new baby toys.

Happy Mother of Five. This was the best Mother's Day gift. Having a sweet little one in the home is heaven.





I'm grateful to be a mother of Kamren because he is funny, determined, and has great stories. He truly wants to do what is right and I can see him as a future missionary serving the Lord.

I'm grateful to be a mother of Ashleigh because of her sweet spirit. She is the peacemaker of the home and a complete nurturer. I love those tender moments with her. I can see her as a wonderful mother!

I am grateful to be a mother of Brynn because she is always happy. She is excited about everything and loves to serve. I can see her changing many lives because of her optimism.

I'm grateful to be a mother of Andrew because of his hugs and kisses. Andrew is so sweet and loves to keep me on my toes. I love his smiles and his sweet voice. I can see him help people because of his tender spirit, just like his daddy.

I'm grateful to be a mother of Connor because I get to nurse him, love him and hold him. His spirit is amazing and he is so calming. He is truly a gift from God.

For Mother's Day, Kevin was very kind to let me get new counter tops. These are what they looked like before.
Ta Dah! A whole new look. I love them.

I was debating on getting a black sink but I love it! Kevin took off our old counter tops to save money and then he installed our new sink and faucet. He is quite the handyman lately. He just had to install a new water heater because ours stopped working. He can figure out anything.

Different view
I love how it warms the whole kitchen up.

Sweet Connor at two weeks. He does well in the night sleeping 5-6 hours at a time and then he eats, goes back to bed and sleeps for 3-4 hours. We are grateful for this blessing.

Our little mommy. She loves to babysit her brother. She can't get enough of him.

Missionary Boy! Kamren went to church this morning and I had to get this picture. I saw a true missionary. He is such a blessing to us! We can't believe we had a 10 year old already.

I am wide awake at 2 weeks.

I was also able to get a new rug for our basement. I love a deal at Walmart.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I feel so blessed to be a mother and to learn from each of them daily.

6 comments:

Jen Childers said...

So glad you had a great Mother's day. You are a beautiful mother to beautiful children! Love the new countertops....makes such a huge difference. :)

The Green Momster said...

Wow! What a stud you have there. You are going to have a new house in a couple of years. Your kids are just adorable. Kam does look like a missionary. Your little Connor is so cute!

Sara said...

I love your new countertops and sink!!! They look awesome! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

amy stansel said...

sonja what an adorable baby and BEAUTIFUL family. There are so many of you!!! i love it. And i LOVE your new counter tops!! They look GREAT!! It looks like a completely different kitchen!!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful family! Two girls and three boys, just like your mom and dad. Little Conner is a beautiful boy!

Cassondra said...

I love the tribute to each of your kids. You are a wonderful mother!