Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year

We celebrated the new year with getting a new bench. Our family is expanding and benches seem so much easier than chairs. We are all enjoying them.

One of my favorite parts of starting out the new year is going through my Christmas cards from Christmas. The girls helped me cut out all the pictures and put them in a little photo album. They have so much fun looking through them during church. We are so grateful for all of our friends and family. We feel so blessed to have them.

Here is the pregnant mama. I am 25 weeks here. I continue to have back pains and now knee pains, but I'm so grateful all is well with the pregnancy. I can't believe how tender hearted all of the children have become since they found out I was expecting. Kamren is always taking care of me on the ice and making sure I don't slip. Ashleigh helps with Andrew and does her own laundry now. Brynn gives Connor kisses all day long and prays for him constantly. It truly is a blessing to have a new addition coming soon.

Ashleigh is growing up so quickly. She asked me to put her hair in a bun for school. She looked so beautiful with her flower and her bun. She even borrowed one of my scarfs. I love scarfs! My friend got me into them last year.

I decided to try and make myself a nursing cover by following a blog and I did it. I was so excited I could do it.
I started making these little cross stitch feet when Kamren was born and I decided to make one for each child. Kamren's foot is blue, Ashleigh's is pink, Brynn's is purple, Andrew's is green and Connor's will be brown.

I had so much fun making this car seat cover for sweet little Connor. I'm getting so excited to meet him.

These are the quilts and bedding I made for the girls for Christmas. It was so fun to learn how to make a simple quilt from a friend.

Ashleigh has the green backing and Brynn has the pink one. I love watching them play with their dolls and getting them ready for the day.

We are having fun sledding on a simple hill at a friend's house. I had so much fun watching the children play in the snow. I love all the seasons here.

Brynn loved making snow angels on the lake!

Kamren loved doing all the stunts in the snow with his sled. The other day I asked Kamren to shovel the snow in the driveway with dad and he didn't want to but then he went to be obedient. After he finished he walked across the street and started shoveling the other neighbors driveways. He continued this for several homes. Kevin followed along. That afternoon a neighbor came over in tears of gratitude for the service. I thought Kevin started this service but Kamren said the spirit told him to serve and this neighbor really needed it that day. I'm so grateful for his example.

Well, Andrew isn't having fun in the snow today! It's a little chilly!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love Andrew's face in the last picture.

Kamren can come shovel my driveway anytime :)

The Green Momster said...

WAY TOO FUN! You are looking fabulous. I am so impressed with your creativity!

Myra said...

The car seat and nursing cover turned out beautiful! Kamren is such a good kid!: )

Sara said...

I love all your projects! You are so talented and creative!

amy stansel said...

looking great sonja!! I hope your back won't give you too much trouble!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursing cover and car seat cover. Great job!!