Thursday, December 2, 2010

November Catch Up!

Bye Bye brown, and green paint on the main level walls of our home.

The paint to the right is what I painted our kitchen, dining room, living room, hall and upstairs hall with. I love the golden color. It brightens the home especially when it's gloomy outside. I'm so glad I'm done painting. It took 40 plus hours but it was so worth it!


Andrew adores Brynn. He loves to plop right down in her lap and have her read to him. He truly lights up when he's with her.


I remember as a child eating these yummy cream puffs. This is my first time making them and they were so good. I still think my mom makes them better.

I asked Kevin if he could put in some new flooring to update our bathroom floor. This is the old one.



Here is the finished bathroom. Kevin was so sweet to stay up late to do this in both of our bathrooms upstairs. It's not real ceramic tile. We did both the bathrooms for $80 and it's really vinyl and then you grout it. It looks just like ceramic tile but it's never cold which I love.

This is the flower hair thing I made for a neighbor for her Winter Formal.


One of my friends taught me how to make these hair things. I love making them. The girls love getting their hair done like this. We call it the princess tiara.

I've always tried to find something to go on the boy's shelf in their room so this is what I made. I hope this helps the boys to remember to Choose The Right!

One of my friends taught me how to make this cover for a car seat. I love the fabric!

This is sweet little Andrew who had fallen asleep on the way home after a huge blow out at church. I love to watch him sleep.

One of my friends taught me how to make these necklaces. They were so easy and fun for all of us girls to match.

These are 8 year old curtains that I was getting bored of that I made.

These are the new ones I made. I like them so much better with the new paint.

The children have their own tree to decorate and this is the finished product. I love watching them do their own tree every year. It was so fun to get up the Christmas stuff last week.

On Thanksgiving day, our tradition is to give the children an ornament to put on the tree. After they open it we take a sharper marker and put their initial and year they received it. Andrew can't wait to open his.

Here are their ornaments for this year.


The oldest gets to put the ornament on first and then to the youngest.


Happy Thanksgiving! We love doing our Thankful Turkey every year. It helps us to stay focused on what we truly are grateful for.


We had a great group we celebrated Thanksgiving with. It's so fun to see the kids play so well together.

We have a tradition to make gingerbread houses the day after Thanksgiving. This year we did it with our neighbors.

Andrew is enjoying the treats from the gingerbread houses.

This year the kids requested to make them a garage on the side of the house.

Here is Ashleigh's detailed gingerbread house. I love watching her as she using her talent of creativity.
Brynn did a wonderful job on her gingerbread house.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent and willingness to learn new things. Everything looks so good. Love the material you chose for your curtains!!

The Green Momster said...

So.. the fabric for the car seat cover. Is that a clue? Hope you had a fun vacay!