Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Christmas Season

 Andrew and Brynn had fun making shrink a dinks this afternoon.  They are ready to put them in the oven.  This was one of my favorite things to do as a child.

 Brynn needed a new folder for school and she had to make sure an owl was on it because her teacher loves owls.  She loves school!
 Kam is very focused during the Christmas recital.
 Kam was so excited to go to his concert.  He got out his nice clothes the night before and made sure we were there on time.  I can't believe how well he plays for never practicing at home.

 Kamren invited us to his Christmas band recital.  I was very impressed with all of the music especially since they've only been playing for 3 months.
 Andrew's coop preschool loved our pretzel cookies.  I taught them this day.
 We love these treats during the Christmas season.  This year we did hershey kisses with caramel in them instead of rolos because the kisses were on sale.  Yum!
 One of our favorite things we've done so far during the Christmas season was going to "A Walk through Bethlehem" at a local church.  The spirit was so powerful and everything was very authentic and real.
 We are enjoying the girls new room!  The rug is everyone's favorite part because it's so soft.
 These boys make me smile.  I love them in these blue shirts because of Connor's blue eyes.  I think they are starting to look like brothers.
 I love this.  We made this at our craft night.
 Ashleigh loves to borrow my scarves to accesorize her outfits.  We had fun visiting our friend's new puppy.
Here is the girls old room decor.  It is now a new room.
 Here is our traditional Christmas gathering with some friends.  We loved the yummy hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls and traditions that everyone shares.  We are so blessed to have such good friends:)  All the kids are having fun building Christmas lego structures.

 You couldn't get Andrew and Connor away from the lego train by the Christmas tree.  We need to get one!

 Andrew!!! Connor!!! It's time to go! They can't hear us:)

 Here are the Christmas lego designs the kids made in an amount of minutes!
 Brynn was encouraged by all to yank her tooth out so she could sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."  She's actually missing her two bottom teeth also.  We love how she talks with a lisp.
 Thanks to my friend Madi, I got my first tooth out by her pulling it out!
 The weather was perfect for us to ring the bells. I couldn't believe how much money people donated. I'm so thankful our children can serve and help others.
 AWWW!!  Connor loves his daddy when he sings.
 I took the girls to go see Santa and his reindeers with their friend.  The weather wasn't so great but we did it anyways.
 I think this reindeer was Prancer!
 Donner and Vixon!
 We had a stake Christmas program. Ashleigh and Brynn were angels.  Ashleigh sang a duet of Silent Night. She did great!
 Ta Da!  The girls came to me a couple of months ago saying this was all they wanted for Christmas, a new room!  I finished it a couple of weeks ago.  The girls are ready to go to school.

 Kamren was in the talent show for our ward activity and played a Christmas song on his clarinet with Tyson on his trumpet.
 We wore our Christmas outfits a week early since we are going to Wisconsin.  Kam is sick so he's not in the picture.  This year it's mostly black and white with a pop of red.
 I love these boys!!! Connor's argyle sweater is horizontal and Andrew's is vertical.

 My favorite part about the boys Christmas clothes are the socks!  I love fun socks.
 Here are the girls right before they performed in the stake Christmas program.  Kam was sick and had a duet also, but couldn't make it.

 Since we have a new room in the basement I added a few things to warm up the family room.  I just added a mirror and the sconces.
 It's so much more cozy now.
 The girls helped me decide all the decorations and colors in their new room.  I really enjoy the bright and cheery colors.
They rotate the comforters.  One month Ash will have stripes for her comforter and the next month she'll switch to polka dots.  They decided on this because Ashleigh doesn't want the same bed spread at the same time with Brynn.
 My friend cut out hot pink vinyl stickers to put on one wall for the girls new room.  I love it!
I just finished this picture collage in our family room.  It's so much fun to decorate.  Thanks to a friend who gave me this idea.

0 comments: