Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day and Daddy Daughter Dance

Our day started out just right with a special bag delivered at our door with chocolates for all of the children and coloring books. It was so sweet of two of my friends to think of us. The kids loved it.
I got this idea from some of my friends at MOPS and then I found it on Pinterest. Each day I wrote Kevin a note saying why I loved him with a dry erase marker. It was fun because he did it back. I love Valentine's Day. I'm so grateful for all those who are so loving to me too:)

Connor is enjoying the beautiful weather. My friend is taking his 9 month pictures.
Brynn saw me making different crafts and had a blast doing her own for her sweet puppy!
One of my friends made a cute banner for a different holiday so I took the idea for St. Patrick's Day.

I love the lime green.I found this on Pinterest and thought I would try it. It took longer to do that I thought.
Brynn and Ashleigh at their dance with dad. It was a Paris theme. I had so much fun helping with the decorating before the dance.

Kevin thought it would be fun to do dinner at home instead of going out to eat. The girls loved something different. We did fun "Paris" foods. Bagettes, fun meats, cheeses, fruits and veggies with cream puffs for dessert.It was a beautiful night.
One of our friends from church gave Brynn this dress for the dance. She looked beautiful in deep purple. The girls really wanted a tiara so I found them at Claire's. They are special princesses. Brynn loved to twirl in her dress.
My other friend gave Ashleigh this beautiful dress. It went all the way to the floor. That was so much fun for her:)
The boys were hanging out on the other side of the room while the girls were partying in the living room with dad for dinner.
Kamren was the waiter for the evening.

I'm so glad Kamren let the girls have the attention for the evening since he got dad the night before at ski club.I made these corsages for the girls for the evening and now they can use them in their hair. I made it so it's a hair clip.
Connor loved his first cream puff. Can you tell?

It was a small group for Valentines Dinner. Kamren got sick from each too much junk at school so he went to bed. Connor was so tired that he went to bed early too. I just found out he still has his ear infection so that's why he wasn't doing well. We still enjoyed our dinner even though we weren't al

I left my camera in the car so I don't have a picture of Kamren at his party. I was over 45 minutes of the party. It brought back so many memories as a school teacher. His class was great. Kamren was so sweet to take care of Connor and Andrew as I instructed the class on some games.
I have no idea how he comes up with all of these ideas, but it's amazing.
Ashleigh loved her party. She doesn't eat all her candy like some of us. She carefully enjoys each one. She is so proud of her Valentine Box.

Brynn came home so happy from her school Valentines Party. She was so kind to share her treats with Andrew. Brynn couldn't wait to wear her red dress today.
The kids love getting postcards and pineapple from grandparents who are enjoying Hawaii. We hope to go there someday as a family. They also loved gettiing a two dollar bill and a card from their other grandparents. They are loved.

Kevin was so sweet to come home for lunch to make me a heart shaped angel food cake. He made my favorite dinner too. I loved the sweet letter he gave me. I told him I didn't want flowers because I was getting my kitchen cupboards painted. I can't wait for them to be done.

Connor enjoyed his first Valentines Day. He just wanted to eat the wrapping paper but he loved the little pinwheel treats inside.We did eggs in a hole for breakfast. Kamren didn't eat because he was going to have the breakfast of the day at school.
t

7 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

Always fun to peek in at your family!
Much Love,
Kelly

Lindsey said...

Love that you ate Kevin's chocolate! Miss you guys

val m said...

I just have to say I love you!!! You amaze me !!

chocoholic said...

the daddy daughter dance looked so cute--love the french "picnic" you did with the candles--and the girls were beautiful in their fancy dresses and tiaras!

Katie staten said...

luke loves Kamerens lego ideas!

Stephi said...

I love Valentine's Day! Your ideas for celebrating it were so creative! You shared the love with your whole family! And your girls look so beautiful in their dresses with daddy in the snow. It makes me miss the snow, and that is saying something!

Cassondra said...

Can I please move next door to you and be your BFF? I admire you so much! What an incredible lady you are, Sonja! Thank you for inspiring me in so many ways! I Love your sweet family!!