
Kevin and I did our first adventure race together. We had so much fun doing the race in 4 1/2 hours. We did running, biking, orienteering, and canoeing. The weather was just perfect. I kept Kevin back a little too much. I'm slow and he is super fast. Kevin is a great orienteerer too.

We were pretty tired the rest of the day but we would love to do another one.

We got pretty scratched up during the race running through all the brush to find the flags but they healed up pretty quickly. I couldn't get a very good picture of the legs.

I was in charge of Family Home Evening treat and I thought I would try making my own caramel for caramel apples. It wasn't hard at all and we all loved them.

I absolutely love my silpat. Nothing sticks to it. We also made caramel popcorn and pumpkin cookies a few weeks ago. The Fall season is so much fun!

Brynn is having fun in the backyard collecting acorns.

Brynn loved collecting acorns so much that she got Andrew involved. He was a hard worker.

Here's the pretty acorns she collected. They don't feel good when you step on them with no shoes on when they are all over the deck so we love that Brynn is enjoying collecting them in a bucket.

Andrew just started feeding himself with a fork or spoon. He is so proud of himself.

Wow, he made it to his mouth.

It is so cute to watch him grow and explore new things.
6 comments:
Glad you had fun on the adventure race.
Andrew looks so cute using utensils.
Can I get the caramel recipe? Andrew is sure a cutie!
Way to go on the race, Sonja! That is very ambitious:)
I know what you mean about fall and baking. Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cookies, pilgrim pies, (if you don't have the recipe for these you need it!) Actually, you don't want it if you don't want to gain any weight. I have a hard time not eating all these things.
Way to go on your race! What a fun thing to do together!!
Those Silpats are the GREATEST! Glad your family is doing well!
Your adventure race looks like so much fun...way to go! I love fall. Looks like you guys are enjoying yours :)
Post a Comment