Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fun time with Grandma


Kamren did his first rain regatta in scouts. He had fun designing the sail.


Ashleigh bridged over and is now a Brownie. We had a fun picnic at the park with all of her friends.

While we were waiting to pick up grandma we went to some flower gardens for a few hours. They were amazing and the kids loved it. I love the rainforest.


It was nice to have my mom around to help me while Kevin was gone especially while we were at church. Ashleigh is wearing her new dress that she got for a dollar and Brynn is wearing her new dress that she got for two dollars and I made the girls flower hair accessory. We love a deal.



Grandma was over refreshments for FHE and she chose to do the famous flower pots.


Brynn posing at the beach for grandma. She loves her new swimsuit.



We had fun at the beach with grandma.








Ashleigh admired grandma for putting rollers in her hair each night so she wanted to try it too.




My friend took my mom on her first pontoon ride. We all loved the beautiful day together.

We showed grandma a beautiful trail nearby. It was amazing that there was no humidity and not very many mosquitos.

I loved every minute with my mom. She is such an optimistic and loving person. We wish we could be here longer than a week.


The kids fought to sit next to grandma for each meal. They all took turns.
We took grandma to one of our favorite parks. We also enjoyed a few bike rides while she was here. The children were amazed that she could ride a bike.



Grandma let Ashleigh scrapbook a few pages in the Family Reunion scrapbook. She loved being crafty with her.

I asked my mom if she would take each of the children on a date. It was a hit. Ashleigh got to go first. My mom even had a little question and answer page for the grandkids to fill out. They sure loved the donuts and juice.


The kids couldn't wait to have storytime with grandma each night.



I don't do rides that go around and around. I get too sick but my mom loved it with Ashleigh and Brynn.


I had each of the children choose what the would like to do and Kamren chose an airplane museum. It was so fun to watch airplanes land and take off outside.







Andrew is showing grandma that he can pray too! He even says pray.





One of my favorite parts of Kirtland is feeling the peace on all of the grounds.



This is the Kirtland Temple. I love the green door.

It was so fun to meet up with my cousin in Cleveland. I haven't seen him in 10 years. I was able to meet his cute wife. It was a fun break for the kids to play at the beach and see a lighthouse. This was at Fairport Harbor where many of the Saints came in to arrive in Kirtland.



Andrew loved spending time with grandma at Fairport Harbor.

We went to Kirtland and this is where the prophet saw God, the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.



This was our last stop before heading home. The John Johnson Farm was an amazing place. We had a picnic there before we left. The kids loved the hotel where they swam in the pool over and over. We sure loved our time with grandma. When are you coming next?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Luuckyyyy - you got to see my little bro!

I cannot believe how much your mom looks like grandma in the picture at the dining room table with the curlers in her hair without makeup. Her eyes also look like my mom's! I've never seen that similarity before -- it must be the eye makeup that disguises the similarity! You can see Grandpa J in her, too!

amy stansel said...

sonja! i love all the pictures. Looks like you had fun with your mom. I can't believe kevin was in ukraine! hope you are well. miss you!

Mark and Jacquelyn Rowberry said...

Those are wonderful pictures. I didn't hear too much about the trip from Vicki, but now I saw what a good time she had with all of you. I'd love to get up to see you some time too.