Ashleigh, Brynn and I had so much fun tubing together. I tried to knee board but I didn't do so well. Maybe next time.
Our neighbors invited us to go on their boat. We had a blast swimming and tubing. It was our first time going on the lake that is right by our house. It was quite refreshing to jump in the water.
My friend taught me how to make the girls hair accessories. They were fun to make.
The girls and I dressed up the same for church on the 4th. Kamren was our photographer for this picture.
We let the kids do sparklers earlier that evening. Andrew just thought it would be fun to touch. Thank goodness he didn't.
Ashleigh had so much fun with the sparklers. We had a great time grilling out at our friend's house.
Here we are in our red, white, and blue at the parade we go to every year. This year it was very hot.
Dad made us all yummy pancakes for breakfast.
The kids helped me make our traditional cake. I made my first white cake from scratch since I don't buy boxed cake mixes anymore. It really is easy to do.
I had so much fun doing the girls nails for the 4th of July.
Ashleigh had fun making a flag with pepperoni. We tried to make the pepperoni into stars but that didn't work so well. That's okay, it still tasted great.
We had a picnic for lunch outside on our deck.
Here are the rest of the decorations. I got that liberty bell when I was traveling to Philidelphia with my sister. The kids sure love ringing it.
I just cut my curtain and raised it to the ceiling to bring in more light. I love the new change.
I like to decorate our dining room each holiday and I didn't have much of the Americana decor so I made this sign out of cardstock. Did I say that I love doing crafts. Well, I absolutely love crafts:)
I was very inspired by my friends flag in her home that I had to make one similar. I put it in my kitchen for the 4th but now I put it in Kamren's room because he is very into the military right now. When he grows up he wants to serve his country. I loved spending only a dollar to make it.
Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:
Great pictures Sonja. Looks like you had anawesome holiday!
What cute pictures!! I loved everything and love how creative and fun you are! :)
Post a Comment