Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life With Four!



Ashleigh had so much fun with some of her friends in Daisies to do a day camp with the Girl Scouts. She even earned a patch while she was there. We are grateful for this program and for her wonderful leader.



We still think Andrew looks like all of the children but Ashleigh is convinced that he looks just like her since they do have the same first letter in their names. Ashleigh continues to bless me with helping out with Andrew. I really couldn't handle four children without her. She is our little mommy.



Andrew is almost four months. How on earth can it go by so fast? Pregnancy never went that fast. I think sweet Andrew is starting to look like daddy. Oh, he is the greatest blessing in our lives. I am so happy he is in our family even though life is very busy with four.



Kamren, Ashleigh and Brynn have been very busy this summer with watching animals from rabbits, to fish, to cats, and dogs. I am so proud of them for taking care of all our neighbors pets and they're earning some money too.

When the children turn eight they get to open their own savings account. Kamren has been earning lots of money by caring for animals so he put some in his account. We have a deal that we match whatever he puts in his savings so we can encourage him to save and not spend as much. He put 20 dollars in the other day and we matched it, so now he has 40 dollars in it. I wish our savings would grow that fast! He is excited to save more money for his mission.



After each baby I try and do a physical challenge to help me get some baby weight off. I just did a sprint triathlon and I had so much fun doing it and training for it. I was able to do it in the same time I did 5 years ago. I was very happy. It was a 400 yd. swim, 12 mile bike ride and a 5K run. Ashleigh made me an adorable medal and the kids all made me a banner to congratulate me. I am so grateful for their support.

\

The children seem to be growing a ton because they always seem to be hungry so I wanted to make something healthier to eat for a snack. I've been making lots of bread and trying different kinds of bread. I've done blueberry, blueberry zucchini, yellow squash, and banana zucchini bread. I use less sugar, less oil and more applesauce, and whole wheat flour with a few tablespoons of flax seed in it. It's a healthier snack for the children and very fast to make and they can make it with me. I like to make the bread in mini loaves so we can give a loaf away and then I cut the little ones up in slices and put it in a tupperware container so the kids can just grab one to snack on.


-

1 comments:

The Green Momster said...

What a great snack idea. Way to go with the triathalon. Your family looks great.