Monday, March 2, 2009

The Girls Room and more...



I've always wanted to put a chair rail up in the girls room but we just never tried it until this past week. We have nice friends who let us borrow the nail gun and miter saw. Kevin did a great job putting it up. I bought a little darker paint to go on the bottom and I love it. It really changes the look of the room.



Ashleigh is more into the brighter pinks so I've been tried to add a few things here and there. I decided to hot glue a few things on the diaper bin.



Brynn loves the lamp in our room because it has beads on it so I did the same thing to her lamp. I love the hot glue gun.



I was getting tired of the pictures I painted 5 years ago and decided to have the girls do their hand and foot prints and have Ashleigh write on them. I painted the frame to match the darker paint on the wall. The girls had a fun time getting messy.



I got this mirror from a garage sale last year and I spray painted it and then I just wrapped a little bit of that toole around it and put a flower that I had left over from her corsage. It's very girly now and Ashleigh loves to brush her hair each morning in the mirror.



Table Manners has been a challenge at our house so a friend of mine gave me an idea and it worked. Each child gets a candle for dinner. If they have good table manners they don't have to blow out the candle. If they don't have good manners they have to blow it out for the evening. If they get three nights in a row without blowing out the candle then they get a prize. I just got some poptarts for cheap and they loved eating one of those since we never have them. I can't believe how much better the older kids are. We are still working with Brynn but she is a lot younger.



Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Every year we read Green Eggs and Ham. Kamren had fun reading it to the girls this year.



Yes!!! We like green eggs and ham.



Kamren is still loving the legos this winter.



Brynn actually loves legos too. She always wants to build with Kamren. I think she might be a little engineer too.

11 comments:

val m said...

I love the girl's room!!! It look so cute! i am so in the mood to paint - wish it didn't require taking down wallpaper!!

Amy said...

The room looks cute. I can't wait to see it in person.

Emily said...

So cute! I love the girls' room!

Brooke said...

The girls room is so cute. Sometimes I wish I had a girl so I could spoil her with everything pink, then again we'd be broke :)

The Kelly Variety said...

I love your girls room! It turned out cute. They are getting so big. How is the boys room? I'm always full of ideas. . .not that you need any!

Lindsey said...

I love the girls room. The two tones of green plus the chair rail look great!

Janine said...

I love the pink and green...and the molding...it looks darling!

amy stansel said...

oh I love the room sooooo much! It looks GREAT. I love when you share your cute decorating ideas!! Love it! You are so talented.

Megs said...

I absolutely ADORE the way you decorate....so talented!

Cassondra said...

The girls room looks amazing! You are so talented!

Sara said...

Sonja,
Do you think you could come to Utah and help me decorate? Your house, from what I've seen, is decorated so cute! I love what you've done with the girls' room. You really have a knack for decorating. I wish I did. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I could copy someday!